Friday, August 17, 2007

I burst to laugh

This is just too funny not to post. I just got through writing an email to Jérôme, the dad in my French fam. Sometimes what I'll do is to translate it from French to English using an online translator - it's a quick way to catch typos and spelling errors (because if I see a word that didn't translate, I know there's a problem). I don't use it to check the content. I could care less what the English translation is. I know it won't make much sense in English, and that's fine, because when I speak or write in French, I'm thinking in French, not translating from English. Anyway, I found the translation to be so funny:

Jerome hello! Thank you for the photographs - they are very beautiful. I burst to laugh when I saw your address - jbfurax. I told this history with my mother. I also told him how you described the week of the holidays. It found that very funny! And also I showed him my diploma - she said to me to say to you that she finds it nice like that. I have just spent one week to Philadelphia. It was tiring. I was not ready to as many pass time in a classroom. Each evening with 18h approximately, I wanted to lay down me, because it was 1h morning in France. But now, that is better. I lie down still late as usual. You know what? Already, I met of French here - finally, a Frenchwoman and a guy of Haiti. The Frenchwoman is of Brittany, and it often passes from time there while returning visit to her buddy. It returns at the end of August, but I will see it before his departure. The guy of Haiti currently lives in the house where I was before I would have come to France - i.e., with my church. Therefore, I will continue to speak French. I do not want to lose it (but I think that it is inevitable if I remain there)! How are the children? And you and Domenica? You become insane all the time with all the children? And did you succeed in finding an au pair girl? A Czech, perhaps? Does Lothaire go? I know, that made that 2 weeks that I am not over there, but that seems to me much longer. I hope that all goes well over there.

Deborah

PS: You know, there are bridges as that of Minneapolis everywhere in the United States - you should not say you that one should not come in Minneapolis because of that! But one will see - if you go to New York, I will try to go there too.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP