Saturday, August 04, 2007

I'm home

I made it home on Thursday night. I had heard about the 35W bridge collapse on the radio that morning in France on the shuttle to the train station. I didn't quite catch exactly what had happened - I just heard "Minneapolis," "dead," and "bridge." It wasn't until going through customs in the States that I was able to get the full story from the officer. What a shock.

My time here has gone really quickly. I already have to leave again tomorrow to spend a week in Philedelphia. After that, I have a 2 1/2 week window with no commitments until law school stuff starts, so I hope to get caught up with many of you then.

It's strange to be back. Everyone is speaking English - that's probably the weirdest thing. The keys are all in the wrong spot again on the keyboard. Hopefully I'll get used to that again before school starts. It's also been great to be back - to see my family and some of my friends. It's not the same as I thought it would be, though.

I'd love to reflect on all this a little bit more, but I'm heading to a wedding today, and I need to get out the door pretty soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous Thu Aug 16, 11:01:00 PM CDT  

I hope you're having a great time in Phili! I just found out a good friend of mine from high school will be going to law school at the U this fall as well! I'm sure it's a big school, but if you happen to meet a tallish farm-boy goof ball named Jacob Parsley, tell him hi from me!

NowIsTheDay Thu Aug 16, 11:20:00 PM CDT  

Got it - will do! Actually, I'm home now. I've just been too lazy to blog! I can't wait to see your new little Abigail!

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP