Fête de la Musique
Today, in addition to being the first day of summer, is also the Fête de la Musique, a holiday dedicated to music. Apparently people gather in the streets all throughout France to listen to musicians and dance. So far, the only thing I've observed is some drumming that I heard a few blocks away from my apartment when I was cat-napping this afternoon. I think it's all about to get started now. I'm going to walk around a little bit and check it out, but I'm not going to stay out too late - Jérôme and Dominique told me that, although there are some real and good musicians out there, it basically turns into a debauchery-fest. I'll let you all know how it turns out.
Tomorrow, I'm off to Paris for the day for the International Air Show at Le Bourget. More info on that after I get back.
I'm happy for my friend Sarah, who made it safely back home after 10 1/2 months in Switzerland. What a great feeling that must be! I get to do the same thing 6 weeks from today!
Ciao for now...
1 comments:
Can't wait to have you back home here in MN!!! =)
Post a Comment