Sarkozy elected President
This is old news by now, but I did promise to keep you all abreast of the election results. With a crushing defeat over the Socialist Party candidate Ségolène Royal, Nicolas Sarkozy was elected President of France on Sunday. In less than a week, he will take over for Jacques Chirac, who has been in office for twelve years. Apparently there has been some post-election car burning, but things have seemed pretty calm around here. The most rioting to which I've been witness in the past week has come from Cyriaque, the 2 1/2 year old...
2 comments:
Ha, ha. I can imagine that form of rioting! As soon as I read on-line about the election results and the subsequent rioting, I wondered about Nancy particularly because you live in a college area. Glad it is not touching you. Love you girl, MOM
I also have been following up on French politics and Im glad Nicola Sarkozy won..I wonder whats gonna happen in England now that Tony Blair 's resigning..interessant!!
Post a Comment