Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I can't wait to go home

It may be a bit early to blog about this, considering I still have 9 weeks here before I come home. But lately I've just been getting excited to come back. My first several months here, I wasn't really homesick. Even though things weren't really going well with the family, I still wanted to stay in France. At this point, I could happily come home. I'm going to stay until August 2 as planned, but I'd be okay if I had to come home now. I'm definitely okay with staying too - I'm thanking God for how well things are going here (not that there haven't been issues - I think in any family where I could go, there would be issues - but things are going well). But I'm excited to come home. I'm really looking forward to Sundays at my parents house. That has to be my favorite day of the week.

Too bad the Sunday after I get back (I get back on a Thursday), I leave for Philadelphia. But I'll be back for the very next Sunday. I'm going to attend a week-long course designed to give law students an overview of first-year coursework, as well as to teach them effective study habits. That's going to be pretty tiring after having just arrived home. But I really believe that it's going to help me a lot. Law school is a huge commitment, both monetarily and time-wise. I want to make sure that I am equipped to do my best - and being a person who tends to lose herself in details, the opportunity to see the big picture ahead of time will be a tremendous asset to me.

Later, gators!

2 comments:

Anonymous Wed May 30, 06:26:00 PM CDT  

I cant wait for you to come back even though i dont think i'll get to see you as much as I'd like to..we both have school but you'll only be a call away..or atleast just 15 miles away...

NowIsTheDay Fri Jun 01, 09:18:00 AM CDT  

Thanks, Christine! It'll be great to see you too. :)

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP