Finally
Finally. I received a response from Caroline today! She answered (almost) all of my questions, and we're getting the process started now. I have to send her a host of documents tomorrow, and she'll be getting me registered at a language school. Yes, in order to obtain the au pair visa, I am obligated to prove that I'll be taking French courses while I'm there. I already have a pretty good level of French (according to the native Francophones with whom I've spoken), and I'm going to be speaking French all day with the family (yay!); you'd think that'd be enough. I'd prefer to have the free time instead, but I guess I can't change the French government's policies. Anyway, I'm extremely excited, but I don't think it has actually sunk in yet. I think I'm waiting until I get the official offer letter from her, and then I'll actually start to think it's real. I can't wait to see my friend Sarah, and I'm extremely happy that she's made a new friend there! It really is a "coincidence" that we prayed for her at church last night (early in the morning Switzerland time), and she ended up going to church that morning and meeting a new friend. God had it all planned out. He directs our steps. Praise Him!
4 comments:
Hey Deb, Im so happy for you. I just found out from a couple people that you were all praying for me last night, and it brings tears to my eyes... how could anybody not believe that was God in the works! Praise Jesus!
Hi Deb!
I just found out today that you have a blog too! :) Look forward to reading it! Sounds like things are really moving forward for France...good news!
i love your blog...you know im gonna be a regular here!!!
Thanks for reading! Hopefully it will get more interesting when I go to France. :)
Post a Comment