Saturday, July 07, 2007

I'm coming home in 3 1/2 weeks!

I remember writing a blog called "...I'm leaving [for France] in 3 1/2 weeks!" And it wasn't that long ago (well, nine months). Crazy. Time is flying. The rest of my stay here could be like a vacation. Interestingly enough, it practically will be. Thursday, I'm heading down to Provence with the family. As much as I prefer the north, it'll be great to experience the sunny south in its best season, summer. We return to Nancy a week and a half later, and the following Saturday, they leave for Bretagne (west of France, just north of Nantes). Since I'll be coming home that next week, I won't be going with them. Instead, I'll use that time to visit the family in Nantes. I don't really want to stay for 5 whole days there, and I haven't decided exactly what I'll do with the rest of the time (2-3 days). I've thought of going to Germany or Belgium. We'll see. There are also a few cities nearby to Nancy that I plan to visit.

I can't wait to see you all. Again, as I'm leaving for Philadelphia for a week right after I get back, it may be closer to the middle of August until I see some of you.

I've been reflecting a lot lately on my experience here in France. I'm sure once I get back, I won't even have time to think about it. I'm still mulling over it all; maybe I'll have some thoughts to share later. Things that come to mind are I didn't make enough of this experience and I can't believe I'm leaving already. And then there's Look at everything I've learned and I'm so ready to go home. It's confusing. I'm sure I won't get it all figured out, but a little analysis can't hurt, right?

Ciao for now...

5 comments:

Anonymous Sun Jul 08, 07:16:00 AM CDT  

Actually about 24 & 1/2 days. Yea! These days will fly by and soon we will have that airport hug again. MOM

Sprucegoose Thu Jul 12, 03:32:00 PM CDT  

You are not officially "short" until you are down to two weeks. But you are sure getting there quickly. We will be glad to see you.
Blessings, Bruce

Anonymous Sat Jul 14, 03:34:00 PM CDT  

Wow Deb! Days are flying by fast! You'll be home in abt 2& 1/2 weeks now! carzy! Im looking forward to your coming home and i hope we get to hang out more than once before school starts...Im looking forward to having you back. Je vous manque. J'aime Deb!!

Anonymous Fri Jul 20, 11:31:00 PM CDT  

Yay!! Can't wait to see you again! God bless you sister :)

NowIsTheDay Sat Jul 21, 04:47:00 PM CDT  

Hey everyone! Thanks for your comments! Now I'm coming home in 1 1/2 weeks! Can't wait to see you all.

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP