Friday, February 16, 2007

Fellowship

This week, I went from four kids to six! The kids' cousins arrived from Strasbourg last Saturday, and all the kids are on vacation from school, so I've pretty busy. Sunday, though, I went back to the new church. I arrived early this time and was able to chat with some people. I met a girl about my age who is studying - get this - political science - at the university in Nantes. She invited me over to her place on Tuesday night. I wasn't able to get out of the house until almost 9pm, but after getting lost in the dark and rain and accidentally ending up on an autoroute, where I had to pay a toll (grrr), I finally made it there. We just talked for like 5 hours. She said I'm the first spirit-filled American she has met, although she knows many American Christians (she is French). We were both surprised by all the similarities between us. She has a heart for intercession and worship and is part of a 24/7 prayer movement in France. She is also an intellectual. At the end of her studies, she will have the equivalent of a Master's degree in Political Science - which in France includes more law, geopolitics, and economics. We had a great time discussing our testimonies and visions, our families, the church, politics, music, language...

It's great to have a friend who is a sister in Christ. I do have friends here, but it's not fellowship. I also appreciate the fact that she's French, as hanging out and talking with a French person is better for my French than discussing with someone who's French is more or less the same level as my own. How funny that I met a tongue-talking, political science-studying French girl! That would be God.

Last night, Caroline told me that a surgeon friend of hers knows the pastor of my new church. Apparently this friend said that the pastor used be a druggie and is now "a saint." I said, "Great! Now you know I'm not in a cult!" She laughed and replied, "He said it is a cult." I told her I'd watch myself. I think she knows it's not a cult. She calls it an American church. I told her that it's not American at all - there are only French people there, including the pastors! But I guess she considers that type of church to be very American. Okay.

Tomorrow morning, we are leaving at 5am for our week-long ski vacation in the Alps. I'm not really a skier, so we'll see what happens with that. I have a lot of pictures that I've been wanting to post, and I have some other stories to tell, but I just haven't had the time. I'm going to try to get on that right away the week after we get back, because a week after that, my mom, my friend Laura, and her mom Rosemary are coming to visit me! Yay! I'm leaving for two weeks, and we are going to go all around France. I can't wait. When I get back from my vacation, I will have been here for over 4 months. I have a feeling that time is really going to fly after that. Well, that'll have to be all for now. I'll be posting some more pictures as soon as I can.

Bisous!

3 comments:

Anonymous Sat Feb 17, 09:21:00 AM CST  

this is so cool, Deb, to have found this friend! and this church! I am praying for your ski trip that there will something special that blesses you this week. MOM

Anonymous Tue Feb 20, 03:57:00 PM CST  

That is great news Deb! PTL! Enjoy the Alps and the time with your mom!

Anonymous Tue Feb 20, 04:17:00 PM CST  

Hi Deb!

Nice to hear from you and nice blog!
So amazing we meet each other!

Blessings

Anne-Cécile (AnC)

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP