If I Were President of the United States...
I was looking through some of my old journals today for something specific (yes, I still have my journals from 10+ years ago), and I found something from 1996 (age 12) that I thought was funny. This is actually from a journal I kept for my English class, and it was hand-written and very stream-of-consciousness style. Please excuse the spelling and grammar errors, but hey, I was 12. :)
If I was president of the United States, I would change the abortion rights. It's dispicable! It's immoral! It's inhuman! It's gross! I mean, they say it's the mother's choice, but does the baby have any say? No! That is de-spicable!! With a capital D! I would also change how President Clinton gets so involved. I was watching this show on channel 2 (PBS - Pretty Boring Stuff) and Hillary and some other people were talking and Hillary said, "Yes, we need to start training parents how to be good parents." Hello! All parents have different views on how they want their kids brought up! In my opinion, Prez. Clinton gets too involved in people. I would change that. I would let people have their own values. Now, some people would say my views on how Clinton gets too involved and how abortion should be illegal are a double standard. Well, I protest! There's a human life involved where abortion is concerned and it's the baby's choice. I know they can't make decisions, but once they get older, they can decide, "Hmmm, would I rather be alive or dead right now?" What else would I change? Well, for starters, I would try to sponser alot of children for those ministries like Children International and Christian Children's Fund and all that. I would try to help our nation. I would try to get our level of education up so it wasn't 26th!!!!!! That's what I would change.
I find it funny how I seemed to think that the President pretty much runs the country, especially that the President would have the authority to "change the abortion rights." I found out later that we reserve that for the Supremes. :D
6 comments:
Pretty good for a 12 yr old! I don't even remember being 12 yrs old!
And this would be the reason you're in LAW school, right, to become a supreme!?
Maybe argue in front of the Supremes someday?
Wow, I was only thinking about what I looked like and my newest crush when I was 12! Praise God you were thinking about more than just yourself. I don't even think I was aware of any sort of government at that age-just my parents! What a sad kid I was...
Oh, but if you could only read the other parts of my journal...I wouldn't publish that here! :)
haha, too true. Jon and I were just wondering why we can't leave the legality of issues up to our elected legislatures. Instead it seems the courts are making our decisions for us - decisions we have no say over. was this something our founding fathers didn't consider when they developed checks and balances? I kind of want to know...!!
Post a Comment